Pages

Search blog and web

PMS, or something more? (warning - possible TMI)

I'd like some feedback from the ladies on this one. When I was a teenager, I never really got PMS, at least that I can recall. I know I was always surprised when Aunt Flo came to visit... which led to frequent embarrassment during my teenage years. Then, after my son was born, I was on the pill for 10 years - from age 18 to 28 - so I feel like I missed a lot of the "progression" of my "womanhood". (Quotes because I don't really know what to call it, honestly.) Now I'm in my thirties, and from what I can tell, my PMS is utterly horrific. I get vicious mood swings, my sex drive is all over the place, my appetite is all over the place, I have extraordinarily vivid dreams - which very often mess with my head afterward, my sleep patterns are all sorts of disrupted... you name it. I don't consider it PMDD, because I'm still functional - but only for certain values of "functional". But I'm getting to the point where I'm considering seeing an endocrinolog ist, because it's so vicious. It sometimes also happens mid-cycle, too, which makes me even more suspicious. ...but I also know I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, so I don't want to waste a doc's time if I'm just "growing up late" because of the pill.

So my question is, does PMS change as you get older? Or is this something I need to get checked out? Or... not mutually exclusive?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment