Pages

Search blog and web

Self Divorce Advice

I am ready to divorce my wife. We both agree that divorce is the best option. It's a long story but as a quick overview we have been married for 20 years, have 2 daughters(ages 10 & 14). W started an affair 3 years ago that was on/off for 9 months. I've tried everything I know how to reconcile and she has always barely phoned in any effort. I am at the point that I realize it is unhealthy for me to continue in this relationship. It's time to move on. I don't want to waste any more of my life.

Earlier this summer I had several free consultations with divorce lawyers. I could pick up the phone to one of them and simply say "I'd like to file" and the process would begin. However, the wife and I started talking about self divorce. Last couple of days I have looked into this.

There are websites online that can download the paperwork for anywhere from $150 - $300, fill it out, send it back and they will fill it out all legal like, then I can take it down to the courthouse and file for $170 in my state.

Any experience with self divorce is welcome. Thanks!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment