Pages

Search blog and web

Husband doesn't want to take triglyceride meds

This is my first post since joining the forum and would appreciate any comments on my situation.

My 53-year-old husband just saw the doctor who said his triglycerides are still very high at 306. The doc wants him to start on a med for triglycerides, but my husband is reluctant to take yet another med because he is already taking other meds for other problems. His preference is to lose weight instead of taking the meds, and since seeing the doctor he has been working very hard. Hopefully he will be successful because his cholesterol issues improved in the past when his weight got down.

However, although he was slim and trim when we married, for years he has struggled with weight and has been very stubborn about losing the weight. I'm hopeful he will lose the weight, but from past experience, I'm apprehensive maybe not.

My fear is that if his trigs stay high and he refuses to take this med, that means I am living with the risk of caring for a heart or stroke patient.

Hopefully his efforts to lose weight will be successful, and I am trying to be supportive and positive. But if his next cholesterol test does not show improvement, how can I be a little more assertive about asking him to go on the meds?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment