Pages

Search blog and web

Domestic duties and marriage

Hey guys,

So me and my wife are working to improve our marriage. As part of that we read the Five Languages of Love book and took the quiz to determine what our major "languages" were. My wifes number 2 point was acts of service. This ranked as my dead last category. For those who have not read the book, acts of service refers to domestic help around the house. However, a central theme here on this site is that woman will not fall back in love with you because you vacuumed the house or washed the dishes! If anything most men here seem to post that it will have the exact opposite effect!

So how do you men handle the domestic duties. Especially if your wife wants you to clean the house more and she feels it is important to her. For some background my wife is a clean freak and is a little nit picky. For example if I wash the dishes, but don't wipe the counter tops before relaxing after dinner she gets annoyed. Even if I wipe them down 20-30 minutes latter. Part of me gets annoyed with her, because she expects that stuff to be done before chilling out. So I have pushed back, saying I will get it done, just not right at the instant she wants me too. But is that the right thing to do?

How do you guys balance out being a domestic king with not feeling like a beta butler!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment