Pages

Search blog and web

My boyfriend hates his job. I hate his job. I don't know what to do.

The title says it all really. But before you judge me I'll try to explain the situation briefly.

My boyfriend has been working in London for the last 3 years. The job itself a great opportunity and he's lucky to have got so far in the first place. But the problems begin when you look at it from another angle. Not only does he have to commute 2 hours each way, but he also works so late sometimes that he can't get back home, regularly leaving work at 9/10 pm. Worst part is, he doesn't get paid ANY overtime, so he can work till 9 every day for a week and not be paid for the extra hours he does. Despite the long hours, he gets paid peanuts. He doesn't get any breaks and his colleagues repeatedly walk over him, to the point when they blame him for their mistakes and his bosses don't bat an eyelid. He has no life during the week. He hates his situation.
Now, I've been supportive every time I heard of things that have happened to him. However, it's been so bad recently that even I started to look for jobs for him because I want to help. I'm currently at uni doing a pretty time consuming degree and hardly have time to myself, but it's got to the point now where I can't focus on my own work.

I have suggested jobs. I (and his friends) have suggested he quits because we can see how miserable he is. He currently lives at home with his mum and sis, both of who are working though I know aren't earning much. He says he can't quit because there are bills to pay (which I fully understand), but I just can't see any other way out for him. So it's got to the point where I'm frustrated at him for not leaving, and at his family for not seeing that he's struggling.

What do I do? Are my thoughts even rational?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment