Pages

Search blog and web

I'd be much happier if you did that, but I HATE that you did it!

Someone posted in a thread about the no win situations with the wife. I found it very interesting. I'll never truly understand it, but the brain pattern going on is nonetheless intriguing.

As an example

The wife wanted me to make more money. No issues...I wanted more money too.

Eventually I was offered a higher position at work. I told the wife what this truly meant. The odd time, when the CEO wants a midnight meeting, I'm there. My phone? Stuck to my hip. That's why they pay you stupid money...24 hour availability.

She agreed, of course. Things were good. I could afford some useless toys, and the wife could pursuer her shoe collecting hobby.
Now, I would get those midnight calls or meeting, but they were actually few and far between. It didn't seem like that aspect of the position was really affecting my outside work life at all.

So...after several months, the wife started to get annoyed with the odd late night call. Eventually, it turned vehement. She actually told me to tell the CEO the next day to stop calling after 5pm because my phone would be turned off. Wtf?!!! Lol. I tried explaining to her that a comment like that would be career suicide and she would have to start pawning off her shoes and handbags and jewelry to pay bills. That didn't matter to her. It was a hot topic that just didn't end.....sigh...

"I hate your phone! Why do they expect you to be available all the time! No one else at your work gets called at odd hours to discuss work! By the way! Look at these cool matching handbags I just picked up at the Burberry store! They were on sale for $20 dollars off!"

Ahh. The mind of a lady.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment