Pages

Search blog and web

Don't want to get close to girls at uni - afraid of rumours/ribbing

Hey,

I'm a guy who's kinda newly confident. I talk very well to girls I've met on the internet and to girls in clubs. I really don't mind dancing, grinding, talking to, and taking numbers off girls in clubs or in other public places. I'm confident and generally a fun guy, and lots of people know me.

I'm really wary of doing it for girls at uni. I'll see a girl at uni, either on campus or on facebook, think that she's really hot, or at least the type that I'd like to girlfriend (definitely a verb), and then realise that if I made a move, or at least the concerted effort required to get to know her, the effort required to place myself in social situations where she'd be present, everyone would know, everyone (being a medic) knows each other and word would spread so quickly, and I just can't afford for that to happen.

Is it really that bad if people know that I'm asking girls out? Do rumours really spread like that? From what I've seen they do. At my uni, everyone is a medic, and the brown people (like me) tend to stick together, so it seems as if everyone knows everyone. It's not like I could see a girl on a different course, who'd know few people to tell that they rejected me. I'm not afraid of rejection itself, more the consequences of it, the way that people will know that I've tried and failed with a girl, and look badly/oddly upon me for it. Is it bad?

Help if you can haha.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment