Pages

Search blog and web

Boyfriend never compliments me anymore. Issue level?

I wish it didn't bother me as much as it does. Boyfriend and I have been together nearly a year - when we first met he was always complimenting me. Even after the initial six months, if we were going out I'd wear a new dress and he'd tell me I was stunning, couldn't keep his hands off me etc.

I've not had one compliment from him since last year. It doesn't bother me on a day to day basis - but if we're going to a big party together or a big event, I'd like him to notice when I'm dressed to the nines. Sometimes I'll buy a sexy new set of underwear just for our weekend together and he won't even blink. In the end I had a proper talk with him about it (as I realised how much I didn't feel like having sex with him lately as well and was sure it was linked) and he apologised - said he was speechless when we first met etc. I told him how much a nice compliment would be appreciated every so often. And yes - I compliment him, but he is not very good at accepting them!

The very next night after speaking to him about this we were going to a kind of black tie event together. I had this gorgeous new dress on and again he didn't say a word, even when other people were saying complimentary things right in front of him. I was so disappointed considering I had just talked to him about it. Also we both took that love languages test and 'words of affirmation' come out top for me and it comes last for him! I've told him twice how I feel and now feel it's really affecting the way I feel about him. What more can I do?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment