Pages

Search blog and web

I Don't want a divorce, but I can't keep living like this

I am looking for any advice I can get. My wife has basically shut me out and started stone walling me. About six months ago she came to me and said that she was not happy. We have had a number of difficult things happen to us in our six year marriage, we were unable to get pregnant for a long time and eventually ended up having twin girls through in vetro. My job has us about 6 hours away from any family to help us out and we recently went through a very difficult real estate deal that ended up with us selling our home and the deal for our new house falling through at the last minute putting us in a rental. Anyway to make a long story short she told me that because of all those things she felt like all the romance had ended. I told her that I wanted to make things better and that I would do whatever needed to be done to save our marriage and our family. I have tried everything that I know how to do. I have tried showing more physical affection, writing h er little notes, bringing home flowers, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, setting up babysitters so we can go on dates. You name it I have tried it and the result is always the same, it is completely ignored. We were going to counseling and all she could do was complain about how horrible our marriage was and how it was supposed to be a fairy tail and it hasn't been a fairy tail. Keep in mind I have never once abused her physically or emotionally, I don't drink or use drugs, I have never been unfaithful, I am a good involved parent and I work hard at a steady job to support my family. After a couple months the councillor basically told us that we were wasting our money because she would not commit to moving forward and all she wanted to do was find faults in everything that I do. She now will hardly interact with me. She spends almost all evening texting non stop and gets angry if I ask who she is talking to. She spends almost all day with one of her friends who is one of the most negative and distructive influences I have ever met. It is almost impossible for me to talk to her about anything because if I tell her my concerns and how I am being hurt she flies off the handle and turns it into a huge fight. I love my 2 year old daughters more than anything and truly believe that they need to grow up with both their mom and dad. I am currently going to counseling by my self to try and keep me going. I would appreciate any input or advice that could be given. Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment