Pages

Search blog and web

I need help - emotional affair

Last week I caught my wife engaging in an emotional affair with a coworker (she denies anything physical, whatever). Naked pictures, flirty conversations (that she actually sent back to herself to re-read, that's how she got caught!). This has gone on for nine months.

It's not all her fault. She has dealt with an unhappy man for many years. That doesn't excuse her behavior but I understand why things unraveled. I neglected her, I didn't pay any attention...we were basically roommates for so long. She played the mother role and I just took her for granted. Her inability to communicate and express her feelings didn't help matters.

We have a beautiful toddler. He's our world and our #1 priority.

I retaliated. I know, bad. I told her. Our marriage is on life support.

I'm not sure I can forgive her. I know my retaliation was due in part to the anger; almost hoping that doing something stupid in return would allow me to forgive her. It did, for a few hours, and then I went back to hating her for what she did.

I'm not sure I can forgive her. Some of her answers lead me to believe that she still has feelings for this scumbag at work. I think it may be time to let go or as a last resort - see other people. I wonder if seeing other people would give us any clarity on our future or just muddy the waters.

Any and all advice is appreciated. I just found this forum last night. I'm so happy it exists and you are all here. Please help.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment