Pages

Search blog and web

De-lurking

Hi, all. I've been reading here for a while, and figured now would be a good time to step out of the shadows here.

A bit of my story:

I moved out of the house about a year ago, to handle my severe depression. I've gotten much of the help I need, and I've got a decent handle on that. On top of weekly IC for myself, I've been attending weekly MC with her, as well as visiting the house regularly to spend time with the kids (9 and 3).

During that time, nearly everyone I know has burned bridges with me - my Dad's about the only one who still has my back. I've worked out a bit - although no real regimen - reconnected with an old passion for carpentry, and get out of the house to mingle with folks once in a while.

As a wife, her attitude towards me is abysmal - she puts the dog and neighbor's children's needs above my own. But my biggest request that I will not back down from is this: her parents have a habit of taking her and my children on lavish vacations ,and if I'm not free - say, because I don't have any vacation time, or we don't have money for a vacation, they go without me.

Most recently, when the separation precluded our annual family vacation to Disneyland, her folks treated all three of them to 10 days at the park - without me. I told her it really bothers me to be excluded, and that her parents seriously overstepped their bounds. I told her, no more vacations without me. If we're going on a family vacation, it'll involve the whole family.

Her parents have a weeklong trip to the Oregon coast and Yellowstone planned in May. I've told her that if she is sincere about reconcilliation, she will turn them down, and not go. Her response was to file legal separation. We reached a cordial agreement, and it's working through the courts now. It's nice that in our state, that separation agreement IS the divorce agreement - I think I got some concessions out of her there which would have required a knock-down, drag-out fight if it were divorce court.

I'm 95% sure it's done, but I do admit that I wish it were otherwise. Not enough to lay down and accept blatant disrespect like that any longer, but enough that I'm sad about the ending. Real uncertain about what life is going to be like for the kids, too. But they'll have regular contact with a loving and supportive father, I know that much.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment