Pages

Search blog and web

Dating After Divorce. I'm the Betrayed Spouse W/Lots of Questions.

Hi All,

I joined TAM a while back during my ex-wife's walk away separation and eventual divorce. This is a great resource and the members here really helped me. I thank God for you all.

47 yrs. old, first marriage. We (I) have 3 kids, 2 out of the house own their own. Was married 23 years. I'm a christian and try hard to love others as Paul tells us in 1Cor13. I love to do anything outdoors, but still enjoy doing the cleaning, cooking, kid support, etc. of keeping a good household on my acreage. I have a long successful career. Being newly rebuilt, I'm now a more active listener with empathy. Not without faults, but I'm more aware of when I need to try harder, most of the time...;)

Here's my first question:

I have a very hard time feeling that sex before marriage is ok. But let's be real here. Many christians do it. I'm not talking about serial sexual relationships. I've read many, many resources including the Bible, around the subject. I don't need to quote. I'm obviously not a teenage virgin. I'm not interested in one night stands. I'm not some lust filled man either. I consciously decide to view women as God's children, worthy of respect with God watching me.

But.. I'm sensual. I love a great adventure. I enjoy making a special woman's day. I love planning or or doing a fun day for someone with lots of laughs and smiles. I love to cook an unusual meal or a comfortable standard. I love having a female partner for decisions, discussions, activities and prayer. As you may guess, this makes for great intimacy.

But.. I'm still quite vigilant, afraid of being wrecked again by divorce, I will take my time deciding if I'm with a partner ready for the long haul. At my rate, I might never be 100% ok for sex, as in married-no-other-poster's-view-of-wrong-sex.

Do we get a pass because we're now with a not young, not experienced, mature adult loving, committed relationship?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment