Pages

Search blog and web

Today is a big day.

Today my nephew from my x's side is getting married for the first time, he is 34. His mother is the only sibling from my x's side that has communicated with me (we are still close) at ALL since finding out about my x's affair and my subsequent divorce soon to be two years ago. (There are five brothers) And while I understand that blood is thicker than water, I have been most disappointed that not one, x brother in laws or their spouses, have even said a "sorry for your troubles" "take care of yourself" "wishing you the best". Don't expect my x to be there with her husband (married the OM six months after divorce was final, divorce took 82 days) as she has not talked to my SIL for 15 years (no one knows why, x is just psycho) so that is not an issue for me. I am going because my nephew still thinks of me as his Uncle and he seriously wants me there, and I want to be there for him. My plan is to be as cheerful as possible, smile a lot. I have even p racticed my, "Why F you are looking great!" for my x MIL (who told someone, "I never like Hoosier anyway) during the reception line. I don't want to look sullen, give them anything to allow them say "Boy she was lucky to get rid of that guy". Before I go into the barn (where they are getting married) I am going to pray for calm, peace, and smiles. Other than the family, many people who are friends and I haven't seen in years are going to be there, I plan on making the most of my time with them.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment