Pages

Search blog and web

Should I keep my friend's secret?

One of my friends (I'll call Sue) recently decided to cut ties off with the rest of our friend group. I was the first to notice when I received a message from her saying she was starting her life over and was cutting people off. We all live in different states and don't get to see each other often, but we keep in touch on a daily or at least a few days each week.

A few months ago, she told me a secret about her marriage. Sue was so desperate to save her marriage that she and her husband decided to have affairs with other people. When she told me about this I was shocked. I actually thought she was crazy and tried to talk some sense into her. Sue never listened, and knew where I stood and after some time she and I discontinued talking. Not because I wanted to, but because Sue would always tell me she was too busy.

The rest of our friend group have been inquiring about her for some time but all she does is texts someone with "I'm ok." I know that isn't true as I found out she and her husband are now getting a divorce. No one else knows she was swinging except me.

I feel like I have to go to the grave with her secret. Everyone in our friend group continues to ask about her and wonders what is going on. On one hand...I don't think it's my secret to tell. I think SHE should have the balls to let everyone know what is really going on because Sue would always tell me she was about integrity. On the other hand, I didn't want to know this secret. I had asked her what was going on with her life one day and she told me the details. What should I do?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment