Pages

Search blog and web

To Have and To Keep - Staying Married with Kids

Ladies:
I am starting to think that June Cleaver may still have something to teach us. Just go with me here. Have you ever caught yourself talking to your husband like he was another one of the children? Why does the grocery clerk get a warmer smile than my husband?
Don't get your pantyhose out yet. I am talking about small changes here. I am not a stay at home mom. By the time I get home from work I too am tired, distracted and not at all interested in cooking, cleaning or overseeing homework to name a few. Here are a few ideas I had, would love anyone else to share.
I put one load of laundry in the moment I get up in the morning. If you do not have a programmable coffee pot, INVEST. By the time I crawl to the kitchen, coffee is ready. I then, while I am fresh, spend 20 minutes cleaning something. It is well worth the 30 mins of lost sleep to get up and accomplish something before the rest of the house is awake. This of course cuts into my check e-mail, Facebook and blog time. Well worth it to accomplish tasks while I am fresh instead of being met at the door with them after 5.
My husband has started to notice that the house is cleaner and I am less harried in the evenings. This has impacted for the better how I treat him at night and he is more helpful when I am not grumpy.
I am continuing to tweek things, will keep you posted.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment