Pages

Search blog and web

Why is my ex suddenly being cold after wanting to 'stay friends'?

I'm trying to figure this out as the situation is a little unusual than the usual break up.
I'm sure some of you will recognise the situation from previous posts.

Boyfriend + I break up after 2 years (more or less mutually) mainly because he had depression.This depression meant that he was not supporting me the way I needed to be supported during a time when my family member was terminally ill. I feel really let down by him, even though I knew that technically he was unwell. After we broke up, he said he would now be more able to work on himself more and he also said 'I think I can support you through this as a friend' (meaning the difficult situation with my family member).

So after this, we met up a handful of times and got on just as well as we ever had. He is getting help for his depression, which was great. But over the past week he has been ignoring me. I contacted him about something quite important and he ignored the message. I felt this was rude, but tried not to mull over it. Then, when I got an amazing job opportunity that I'd been working my way towards throughout our relationship/the first great thing I've had to look forward to since the illness (and I know he knew about it through friends), I heard nothing from him. Does this seem like the way a 'friend' would behave? Why is he acting differently now, if it was him that wanted to be friends at first?

I know he doesn't owe me anything, but technically we were very close and I feel a bit abandoned at a hard time. I want to exchange our belongings even sooner now so we can get it out of the way and I can move on. Do you think I should ask him if has changed his mind about being friends going on the way he has been behaving recently? Or just leave it and quietly accept he seems to have changed his mind?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment