Pages

Search blog and web

I don't think my boyfriend has time for me anymore

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year now, we're long distance and I thought this summer would be really great as we'd be able to spend a lot of time with eachother enjoying eachother's company and doing things we cant normally do during university time.
Recently he's got a summer job, and works long shifts sometimes until midnight, working nearly every day a week. On the first week of this job I got used to not hearing from him during this time and it was hard as obviously i had assumed i'd be hearing a lot more from him as he says the job is only part time, but he reassured me the reason for this job would be so we have money to do things together, and that any spare time he had he would see me.
However this hasn't been the case. On several occasions we have made plans and he's had to cancel on me because work has moved his shifts, or has turned up late to any plans we've made as he's been kept in. Also, when he gets home late at night he hardly speaks to me when I say how much I've been looking forward to talking to him all day, I appreciate and realise he is tired but a short 10 minute phone call would be nice. Whenever he is free he sleeps in until the afternoon and then does an evening shift, so again, i get to speak to him for about 2 hours a day. I then get upset and feel neglected, we argue about it but go round in circles until the next day where he ends the conversation and goes to work again. I currently feel like I am the only one making any effort to speak or have conversation. Additionally, the money he has earnt he has spent on ds games and alcohol, and not actually spent it on days out with me.

I really dont know what to do or what I can say to him, other than ask to go on a break.
Could anyone give me any advice?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment