Pages

Search blog and web

Husband went to meet his 15 yr old son for the 1st time

Since receiving the court summons, my husband has been wondering about this child. The mother has yet to reach out to us, so I suggested he go meet him himself. Being that I used to be friends with the mother, I suggested we go to her grandmother's house. Guess who lives with his great-grandmother, the child. Come to find out, the mother doesn't even have a relationship with her son. Even when she moved to another city,she had left him here. After introducing ourselves (of course her grandmother already knew me because she practically helped raise me), the son was really open with us. My husband explained to him the situation from his side. After talking with him, we find out he had been told my husband was his father when he was around 11 or 12 & was told my husband didn't want to have anything to do with him. He was told he has a wife & kids & they we wanted nothing to do with him. We explained that wasn't the truth. To make a long story short we ended up telling our kids today also. They wanted to meet him. We let the kids meet. My son was excited, my daughter on the other hand, not so happy about this whole situation. I think this was all too much for her. I'm still not sure how I feel. But I know my husband & my son were happy, I also think my husband's son was too. It's just us girls feeling some kind of way




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment