Pages

Search blog and web

Is this an unreasonable request?

I want to get guys' opinions on this. Women feel free to chime in, though am focussing here on how a guy sees and perceives things rather than a woman.

H works fairly "regular" hours, Monday through Friday. I am at home where I do some (paid) work but am mainly a SAHM. We have 3 kids. The older two are at elementary, the youngest is at home with me.

H rolls out of bed literally 5 minutes before he has to leave for work. We agreed I would get up with the kids in the morning first, which is fine. However what I did not realize is he actually meant he will literally do NOTHING to help at all! He grabs a coffee I have made for him, his lunch I prepared, then leave.

If I were going out of the house all day, I would want to at least check in with the kids. Have breakfast with them. Help them get ready. It isn't as if he has to leave particularly early either. I would feel like I was really slacking if the roles were reversed.

I have said many times could he please just get up 15 minutes earlier to see the kids and give me a hand. I also said I think his current way of doing things is setting a bad example to the kids.

Guys... Do any of you do this? Do any of you NOT do this? Does anyone get what he is doing? Am I being unreasonable?
Posted via Mobile Device




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment