Pages

Search blog and web

I haven't changed since I was a child...

Please keep anon, I don't want people from college seeing me posting this.

I'm an 18 year old girl and I haven't changed at all during my life, not even during my teenage years.

I'm naturally a shy person and all throughout my childhood up until two years ago I've had a really outgoing, loud best friend who took the lime light (which I appreciated lol). I guess that's resulted in me developing no form of identity or personality of my own and just being like a sidekick...

I'm no longer friends with my old best friends as we just drifted. She grew up and I stayed the same. I'm kind of embarrassed when I see old friends from my primary or secondary school though because they've all matured into outgoing, confident and articulate 18 year olds whilst I still feel like a child.

Without a loud best friend there I've had to try (and fail) to fend for myself in terms of making friends and I just don't know what to do? I would always be joined at the hip to my best friend and she would do all the talking and approaching until I got used to their company and then I'd join in and become friends with them too. But I don't have her with me to do the talking anymore and I'm struggling on my own.

I guess not having her there has made me reevaluate myself and I can now see that I'm pretty much nothing now because all form of identity I had came from being best friends with this girl lol. I'm just bland and dull and I need to change but I don't know how? I need to grow and mature as quickly as possible before I go off to university.

Even little things like clothing style and haircuts hasn't changed for me since childhood. My hair is still worn the same, the style of clothing is the same and I don't wear make-up. I feel like every teenager goes through some kind of phase whether it's goth, popular, etc. Then they settle into their own style and that gives them confidence. I feel like an 11 year old who's suddenly woken up in an 18 year old's body.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks. :)




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment