Pages

Search blog and web

Ex wife and step children: Did this cross the line?

My husband and I have been married for 15 years and it's both our second marriage. He and his first wife had been divorced for about 20 years when I met him so I had nothing to do with the break up. They had 7 kids together, who are now all adults, married with children. At first there was very little contact with the ex because she lived in another state, but moved back to our area about 6 years ago. My husband and his ex wife "burried the hatchet " and we participated in many family events where she was also present. She and I actually developed a friendship. She took sick a while back and went down hill fast. All the children were called to her bedside for the final moments. My husband called to say he was going to support the kids. He asked if I wanted to go, but I felt it was inappropriate and I would not be comfortable. He went and stayed until the end. Next day I was shocked when he announced he was going to the funeral director with the "kids" to help plan the funeral etc. I thought this was unnecessary and "over the top". I ended up in an argument with him about it, and he went anyway. I suspect they wanted him to chip in with some or all of the payment. Anyway, the following day, I went with him to the funeral and reception after. I noticed his sons were very cool towards me. As it turns out, he told them I didn't want him to go to support them and made me look like a wicked witch. I felt like the "outcast of Polker Flats" but tried to act gracious and cordial. Now I feel he has damaged the already strained relationship I have with the step kids. I also feel he went too far, since when members if my family passed away(my mother), I had to go to the funeral director alone to make arrangements etc. His kids are all grown ups and not little children. I feel very hurt. Am I right or just being a witch?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment