Pages

Search blog and web

What to do in this situation

Hey.. Some of uou have commented before with very useful advice... Situation has evolvd and now i need advice again...
Background: wife and i married 9 years two kids 5 and 4. I go to med school and fully support fam financialy and my wife is sahm. Her 18 yr old sister came from their home country in september to study and she is staying in our home. Ininitially welcomed that as i knew how much that would mean to my wife.

Now: well its been 7 months and i have found that my wife and indont have alone time. My school is demanding and we have kids but what used to be simple moments after kids were asleep no lo ger exist because we are not alone at home. Sunday trips to the parks are not just my wife and i and kids. But all of us and her sister! I am grateful when sister vilolunteers to watch kids currently we have one schedules "date night" a week (this is recent though 2 weeks ago). But in total this is not enough for a coule.
To top it off, my wife recently told me her sister will be staying ANOTHER year. Without discussing this at all with me. Potentially, i have given the impression that i would agreeable with this arrangemtn but considering the toll this has taken i no longer feel that way!

When i say toll, i mean the lack of alone time, the fact that anything novel that she would have in the past shared with me, she now shares with her sister as she is present at home more than i am! I would easily say my relationship is worse now than in september and i could easily say it is because of thr lack of time for us!

I dont think i can just say no to her staying or kick her out as this would devastate my wife as she has missed out on her sister that last 10 years butthis is also taking a toll on our relationship... In need us to be a priority!

Please suggestions!!
Posted via Mobile Device




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment