Pages

Search blog and web

I'm a shell of who I used to be...

I'm feeling kind of sorry for myself at the moment so I apologise for the negativity and selfishness in the post.

This was all catalysed by my old best friend's 18th birthday the other day. I was best friends with her from the age of 5 until we went off to different secondary schools. We were in a little group and we were the "popular ones" (it sounds so pathetic saying this, I know you don't need to tell me lol). For her 18th birthday she is going to a club tonight with loads of her friends including the girls who used to be in our little group, they seem to have kept in touch but obviously I haven't.

It seems like everyone has grown up and stayed the same whereas I'm a complete shell of who I used to be. Up until like year 9 I was confident and guys always liked me, etc. Then from year 9 I'm like a hermit. I'm not 18 and in my second year of college and all of my old friends (even friends I had up until year 11) have all moved on onto better things. They seem to have found themselves and just became confident.

They all wear make-up and dress well and just look amazing. They actually look like teenagers whereas it's like I'm still looking like an 11 year old with no make-up, dull hair and dull clothes. On Facebook even girls who weren't popular at all have found themselves and are now always out with friends and stuff. I seem to have gone down hill whilst everyone else has gone up hill.

On Facebook literally everyone goes to this night club every Saturday - and I mean everyone. People I've known since I was 5, peopel from my secondary school, people from my college. Whereas I'm sat in on a Saturday night revising.

My life is literally so dull. It's so lonely that I get really depressed on Fridays because I like being at college surrounded by people, even if I'm not friends with many/any of them. I've never been to a night club, never been drunk, never even held hands with a guy, etc. It's just so dull.

I feel embarrassed of how I ended up. It's like I've gone from a swan to the ugly duckling.

Has anyone been through anything like this? I'd really love some advice. Thanks.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment