Pages

Search blog and web

Is my relationship normal?

Hi,im new to this forum, i joined in order to see whether my relationship to my wife is typical, or if my wife's abusive... Or if im a bad husband.. We have only been married for 6 months and im 24..

Most of the day our relationship seems ok, we have good company with each other.. But there are a lot of moments which ticks her off at me.
Usually if i do something that annoys her, or that she doesn't like, she screams at me or insults me ironically.. Ive gotten so used to it i dont think about it anymore.. But ever so often, when we have a disagreement about something, she goes of in an episode where she screams at me, hits me, throw my things at the wall and says she wants to divorce me.. I try to never raise my voice back or hit her, most ive done is to take a hold of her arms..

The response which she projects to me i would expect if i had seriously mistreated her, but usually its ticked of by thimgs that i see as over reactions.. Like today, she started to scream at me after i looked at her computer when she was ordering some stuff online.. And i commented on the price, that it was more expensive than what i thought it would be.. After that a lot of screaming followed.. I asked her to lower her voice but she wouldn't.. Then she yelled at me to close the bedroom door, and i wouldn't until she lowered her voice.. Thats when the throwing of my things and hitting me started...

I feel really frightened of her when she is in this state..
I also feel that the constant threat of divorce from her every time we have an argument about something is making me very unhappy.. Sometimes her complaints are legitemate, like if some part of the house is messy.. But i dont feel she is entitled to act in certain ways that she does..

There seems like there is no moment for rational discussion about our disagreements or problems, cause her emotions jump directly to screaming insults and threats.. I sometimes think that if i behaved in this way, she would have left me a long time ago..

I don't know..
After these episodes she usually says she's sorry and that she cant control her emotions.. And we usually get back to normal again
But i cant help to feel sometimes that im married to a bully..

So is our relationship typical, or is something wrong?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment