Pages

Search blog and web

Is it too soon to call him my boyfriend after knowing him for only 2 weeks?

I'm 21 and female, and although I have been on dates with a few guys over the years, none had really progressed anywhere, so I've never been in a proper relationship before. But very recently I've been having a very different experience with one guy I've started getting involved with.

Basically, I'm currently on a long backpacking trip abroad, and I;ve met this other backpacker, age 24, at the pub crawl of the hostel we're both staying at. We clicked instantly, but mainly in just a friendly way (not sexual or romantic), and hung out all night, swapped numbers, and he even walked me home when I felt tired. We've ended up deciding to hang out almost everyday, whether it's just in the hostel, going to museums and galleries, walking around parks, etc, sometimes with just the two of us, and sometimes with one or two other friends.

At first I only really liked him as just a friend, but I eventually started to fancy him too after maybe about a week since meeting him, and he later on told me that he fancied me the very first time he met me. We're both quite shy with this sort of thing, me especially, but it came out when one night we'd been drinking in the hostel when a jokey conversation led to me revealing how attractive I find him, and he told me he thinks the same of me. The rest of that night was spent with us sitting with him putting his arms around me and holding my hand for the whole evening, then when we went on out way to our rooms and said goodnight, we hugged and pecked lips for the first time.

The next day after this, I had doubts that maybe it was just the drink talking, so I talked to him sober about it and he said that he meant everything he did and said that night. Then we chilled out and laid on my bed, doing nothing sexual, just listening to music on his iPod, though we did end up snogging a few times when no one was looking (it's a dorm room). Then he decided he liked my room better than his as it was quieter, and asked to sleep the whole night in my bed with me, and I agreed. We were fully clothed and still did nothing sexual, but we did put our arms around each other a lot like we were a couple. I'd never experienced that before but found it very nice and comforting. He's then been sleeping in my bed the past few nights too, and he told me it's because he likes spending time with me, and he holds my hand sometimes around the hostel.

This must be the first time in my life that I've ever had proper chemistry with someone before, and it feels so strange and new but wonderful that a guy I like finally likes me back too and I'm getting to spend all this time with him and do some of these rather intimate things, without being rushed or forced into anything sexual. He's such a gentleman and not at all sleazy, as he even asks my permission to hold my hand and stuff and stresses that he doesn't want me to do anything I don't want to do.

We've also had talks about maybe travelling together, and what the definition of our relationship really is. I couldn't really call it a fling since we haven't even done anything sexual yet, and he wouldn't wait this long to try would he, so must must like me as a person. And we're definitely clearly not just friends anymore either. We've now agreed to be exclusive, but I'm not 100% sure whether I feel comfortable yet calling him my boyfriend yet as we've literally only known each other a little over two weeks. But the past two weeks of getting to know him have been very intense, maybe moreso than the average dating couple who don't have time to see each other everyday or live in the same house. As corny as it sounds, it feels very Romeo and Juliet (as in, the way their relationship quickly progressed so much, hopefully no tragedies at the end!).

Sorry that was long but I had a lot to get out. Anyone with advice? Is 2 weeks too soon to be in a relationship with someone, and should I wait a bit longer and know him some more? Or does amount of time not really matter so much as we've gotten to know each other quite intensively anyway and it's the feelings that count more, right?


TL;DR version: Ever since I've met this guy in our hostel two weeks ago, we've hung out nearly everyday and quickly gone from just friends to acting like a couple (but not done anything sexual). But I am wondering if this is going way too quickly and should I slow down a bit or not before considering him my boyfriend? Or should I stop worrying too much about labels and rules and just go with the flow a bit more with what feels right?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment