Pages

Search blog and web

Facebook - to ADD or not to ADD

I need to know the general consensus on adding your partner to Facebook. I refuse to - point blank and hell will freeze over before I do and I will NOT be bullied into doing so.

First let me say, I have nothing to hide....honestly and truthfully....absolutely nothing to hide!

I spend about 5 minutes a day on FB and if I do post a status its usually something really inconsequential and is of no importance ....There are NO ex boyfriends added....I dont chat with people and certainly NOT with other men....and if there is anything of importance that needs to be said, my fiance is the very first to know. I am accused of hiding things and sharing my life with FB people and of having a private life. I must mention that his FB is locked up tighter than Fort Knox, as is mine, so to me its a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. He wont take my word for it that his photos are still firmly intact on my FB and has accused me of having deleted them.

I wont add him because I dont like the very upsetting repercussions of his disecting and scrutinising every comment, like or person I add and if it doesn't pass judgement, then all hell breaks lose. He even went so far as to contact someone asking "what is your relationship to so and so" and has hauled me over the coals on more than one occasion because he has some idea that the person has some unfounded romantic interest in me...I mean get real!.

Another reason is, I will not utter another word to any member of his family directly or indirectly who generally treat him like an anethema and feel that by adding him to my friends list opens me up to all their judgemental scrutiny. I feel that some of his antics have in the past humiliated me in front of his family and friends and again wont open myself up to this.

Out of the blue, he decided to call me on this very sore point and asked him to drop it several times, but I feel that he has stuffed up so much in the past with regards FB, I am not putting myself in the line of fire regarding having to defend myself over some comment some idiot has made on a status or like too many statuses.

We are in a long distance relationship, which makes it hard and he does have insecurity issues which to me are over the top. I have never cheated on anybody in my life and I place HUGE importance on my relationship with him. I have told him that FB is just a website and is of no importance and to demonstrate this, have deleted it, but this argument has really gotten out of all proportion and we haven't spoken in a week.

I have told him that he doesnt trust me ...and this hurts. :confused: Sick and tired of FB and all the trauma it brings.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment