Pages

Search blog and web

Is this dead feelings period normal?

I am 2 weeks post divorce. It was 2 years back and forth with lawyers. I kind of knew that the actual divorce day wouldn't feel like a victory or celebration. It didn't. And I knew that suddenly I wouldn't feel any different. It didn't.

I can say that a chunk of stress is gone. I know schedules and finances and can start to cope with them. No real issues there.

My big concern right now is lack of any emotion at all. For the last two years I was all over the place mentally, frantic, bawling, angry, lots of sleepless nights...I met someone and went through the "wonderful" phase of that (knowing in my mind that it fades) Still with that person.

People ask how I feel. I don't feel anything. Went out to "celebrate" and after about an hour I wanted to be in bed. Went on vacation with kids and had OK time but was happy at end of day to get back to room. No interest in sex even, and that is odd for me.

Anyone else go through this? Normal? I am thinking of calling counselor just to check in with her here and there over the next several months but I know it will be 2 weeks before I can get appt.

Another thought--after living with that high level of stress hormones...Is there a new normal as far as need for stimulation? I almost feel I'm looking for the next big rush in order to get any feelings at all, good or bad. Caught myself wondering about dating someonw new but I think that was just for the purpose of that 'new relationship' feeling. I know that is not a good pattern to start.

thoughts?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment