Pages

Search blog and web

Too unattractive to have friends

  • Thread Starter

I have extremely low self-esteem. As a result, I always feel that I'm too unattractive to have friends. I've started at a mixed school for sixth form (after coming from an all girls school) and I have a few male friends. However, I get really paranoid thinking that they may be embarrassed to have a friend that's as ugly as me, especially because all of the other girls are ridiculously pretty. I also worry that they may stop being friends with me because my friendliness can often be misinterpreted as flirtiness. I mean, they could be so revolted that a person like me is crushing on them (which I'm not) that they may just stop talking to me entirely.

People have tried to tell me that I'm pretty, but it does suck when you know that they're only saying it because they're being nice people/my friends. I don't mind being ugly too much, it's only a problem when it starts affecting my ability to retain friendships. Any advice?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment