Pages

Search blog and web

The lure of the barista

  • Thread Starter

Ok so basically there is this coffee shop down the road from where I work in N London which I go to 2/3 times everyday. I go there quite alot partly because my job is a doss, I can come and go as I please and basically am paid just to turn up, but the real reason is there is this one barista who I am besotted with. Her eyes, personality and broken English got me under her spell. She's not amazing looking but her warmth and friendliness has got me hooked.
We got talking properly about a month ago, the small talk built up and I eventually asked her when I got her alone if she wanted to go out some time and handed her my number. I made out that I recently moved into the area (which is true) and am looking to get to know new people. She looked flattered, embarassed and awkward at the same time... maybe I should've asked for her number instead. I asked her cos I wanna get to know her more as a friend, but as she looked at my number she looked as though she was thinking that I just wanna eat her fanny. I've been in a couple of times since and she doesn't make eye contact with me as much anymore but did look at me with puppy eyes as she said bye when I was walking out last time. I know baristas are paid to be friendly but I can tell when someone genuinely likes me and she does... or at least did. She hasn't been in touch, but I feel like giving it another crack and making it clearer that I wanna hang out with her some time because I really like her, last time I think I sounded too casual and came across as though I wanted to ask her out cos I was bored. Should I ask her again or just move on? I can't stop thinking about her. Even if she thinks ffs not him again everytime I walk in I wouldn't mind I just need to hear it from her to be sure.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment