Pages

Search blog and web

im 24. is she too young?

  • Thread Starter

I'm a 24 year old guy, and I work in the bar of an activity centre. We have lots of clubs going on including chair dancing for women over 18. Recently I got chatting to a girl who comes to the bar after visiting said class. She stays after class every week and we talk, discuss things and casually flirt. We've exchanged Facebooks and numbers, and I'm basically working my way to asking her out. I genuinely feel that this girl is someone I could be with, looks aside (very cute); she seems like a good person. We have similar hobbies, she's a bookish person like me, she's smarter than me and she has ambition and interesting quirks, in short I find her genuinely interesting and compatible. It's even got to the point where regular customers at the bar are noticing us, and asking why I've not just asked her out yet.

3 days ago I saw via my Facebook feed that someone casually wrote something in the vein of "OMG can't believe we're gonna be 18 in 3 months… time flies" on her wall.

I had always just assumed due to her personality coupled with the classes 18+ rules that she was in fact over 18 (apparently the rule is more of a guideline). We had never really breached the subject of age I just assumed she was about 20. I got the impression she was older than she actually is, She drives, and has talked about nights out she had been on around town. She knows I have finished uni so she should have an idea of my own age. Now im just sat here feeling confused, Feeling a bit like a creep. Am I?

I feel conflicted and generally crap, I like her a lot, but dating a 17 year old doesn't sit right with me, some may argue age is just a number but it just raises flags in my mind. I can't just keep casually flirting for three months without asking her out, keeping her on her toes till she turns 18 that's just weird. I don't really want to just break this thing off, I don't know what I want. If she asks for alcohol instead of her usual coke I'm going to have to ID her for crying out loud! How awkward.

How would people react? Parents? Friends?

I'm just going round and round in my head and could use some advice or a different perspective.

I don't know what to feel.

Tl;dr I flirt with a girl thinking shes in her twenties, I get emotional when I find out shes 17, panic ensues. HALP!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment