Pages

Search blog and web

Boyfriend's job is ruining our relationship

  • Thread Starter

My boyfriend is self employed and runs and small business. It is only in the early stages and so it means he is ALWAYS working on it. We are long distance and I only get to see him every 2/3 weeks where I'll usually go down for a long weekend.

Thing is, I completely understand he is busy but we honestly barely get any time together. He works from 7am to 7pm every single day, when he's not at work he is always 'on call' and answering his phone/emails. I don't think an hour has gone by where we haven't been interrupted by something he has to go and sort out. Every date we've been on in the last few months has been cut short because he needs to phone someone to sort out a problem. Then the very few hours of the day that we do get to spend quality time he is either so exhausted he falls asleep or he rants and moans about his job and all the problems he's having.

I feel like a burden at the moment. I can only visit him on weekends because of my job and he never has a day off. I try and be supportive but I sometimes find myself feeling bitter when I've given up a weekend to see him and spent almost £70 on train fare and then spend my weekend alone in his house while he is at work. Especially when I see other people going out with their SO's... Going to dinner, going away for the weekend.

I don't know what to do. When all this started (a few months after we started dating) he kept saying it was only temporary... And it's been over 6 months now and things haven't improved. I don't want this to be my life.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment