Pages

Search blog and web

Recently separated and having a tough time

My husband asked for a separation a few months ago and I felt blindsided. We had lived together about 2 yrs and married less than a yr. Our relationship was great at first. But I never had much luck with men so I always assumed the worst in the back of my mind. I have trust issues that really put a strain on our relationship. I'm also a shy person so I had trouble opening up to him even though I love him very much. He also thinks I drink too much sometimes or act immature. He said he just couldn't take it anymore. I have a tendency to sabotage good things because I either think I don't deserve them or they will go away. But he is by far the best person I have ever been with. And while he hasn't said he wants a divorce yet, I'm afraid I'm losing him. We have kept in touch but when we tried to hang out once, it ended with me crying. We also started marriage counseling but he said he is not 100% and can't promise anything about getting back together. He is n ot convinced anything will change or that I will change for the better. I'm trying to come across as a more confident and secure person. I have also stopped drinking. I'm not sure what to do or how to act to get him back. It's confusing because he says he still cares about me and loves me. I hate to give up so early on in the marriage. Should I just back off for awhile? Or try to reestablish a good friendship first? Anyone been through a separation and made it through where you ended up back together?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment