Pages

Search blog and web

How to stop feeling inadequate.

  • Thread Starter

I'm a 22-year-old female with very little sexual and romantic experience. You could say I've experienced unrequited loved which has restored to zero relationships. At Uni, I wasn't able to find a like-minded person who had feelings which reciprocated my own. At one point during my time at university, I met a person on TSR, we eventually met and I grew attached to him but he soon cut of contact with me. I resorted to online dating and met a guy who I really liked but he broke it off with me today because their was no spark. I told my family about him and I invested a lot of my emotional energy in him and now I feel embarrassed. I guess to some degree he was right, I imagine my urgency to be with someone worthwhile blurred my realism.

I think all in all my self-esteem is incredibly low. I feel inadequate. This feeling of inadequacy has been made to accumulate from my academic failures, to my best friend unexpectedly to cutting off contact with me, to being bullied, and of course, unrequited love. I try to push on and pretend I'm strong enough to handle it all, but I'm a just a fragile soul, and I just don't know how much more I can take of it without going insane.

Do I resort to counselling?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment