Pages

Search blog and web

Broken families and xmas.

  • Thread Starter

I'm a bit curious on this and the main question is what do broken families do for Christmas?

Basically the reason am asking is because my kids are asking me about xmas and there is a certain element of anxiety about this.

In previous years the ex-MiL always hosted xmas for us and she is keen to do the same this year.

However there is a bit of a problem, the ex has told her mother that she will see her for xmas and she will bring her new family along (her new bloke and their new baby plus his kids). The ex has somewhat told her mother that she doesn't want me to be around and our kids can't stay the night at the house (The new family wants all the rooms in the house) Oh yeah she told our son to not expect any xmas presents this year as she has no money. Strangely she has money for everything else but to pay for child support.

My kids, 2 of them aren't on talking terms with their mother, 1 because of a monetary dispute while the other had a bit of a tiff and is at a cold-war, doubt this will change as neither side has any plans to yield. The younger 2 hasn't seen their mother either and basically she hasn't bothered to make any attempts to see them because of the dispute with the 2nd.

My lady-friend is asking me to host xmas at our house and she wants to invite her mother over. I did sort of mention that I'd like my kids' grandmother to attend but she is somewhat against this. I don't blame her.

My ex-MiL has stated she is hoping that all of us would be at her house for xmas (me included) and she hopes it would be the same as in previous years.

My kids, they have some wild ideas of their own as to what should be done, the eldest has suggested we could have xmas in England with her. The 2nd she doesn't care what happens as long as the mother is no where near, the younger 2 doesn't really care as long as they get lots of presents :D

I told my kids to let me handle it and I'm sort of at a lost what to do.

I sort of mentioned to my OH that I'd probably take them overseas for a holiday and that she should go spend it with her son and mother. She is against it as she wants to keep things together and she doesn't think that my kids would want me to exclude her, I haven't quite asked my kids on this yet.

Anyone has any ideas as to what to do or if they have any experience on this what usually happens?

Thanks in advance.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment