Pages

Search blog and web

How to Separate with love

I've been married for 16+ years, most of those years happy with a loving man that was a bit emotionally unavailable. I spend a lot of time nurturing his needs & reassuring him of my love which I thought was being attentive. About 4 years ago he went through this really deep dark depression & pushed me away completely. During this time I realized that I had allowed the entire time of our marriage to be consumed with his needs, denying my own. Not only that but I allowed his insecurities to drive away any family & friends we had. I had no support group, no one to talk to, I only had him. This was fine when he was my best friend, but he turned away from me during this depression & I had no one. Simply.. I begged him for attention in every way possible & was repeatedly denied. I began an EA, which was totally unintentional. I had no friends or family & needed someone to talk to. I quickly ended it when I realized it turned into an EA & admitted it to my Husband but it destroyed his trust in me. He proceeded to attack me emotionally & made me feel inhuman. At one point he even told the kids I don't love them anymore. We went to therapy for 3 months & the therapist told him he has a borderline personality & needs to be medicated. He took it as an attack as well & refused going again.

This was a year & a half ago. I spend most of last summer trying to make amends, but was rejected by him tracking my phone records & reading my emails. Treating me as if he owned me & expected me to do all he demanded without hesitation or question. I finally stepped back & saw my behavior was feeding into what could be considered emotional abuse. It's something we may have been teetering on for our entire marriage. When I finally began to withdraw & work on myself he finally began to engaged. He still was in my email & phone tracking my every move & word. It just feels like all the engagement he is giving is with the expectation of reward. He's not doing it to help us.

I've begged for therapy... Well, no go.... I see no other way but to ask for a separation. I love this man dearly & really he is a wonderful father. All I need from him is to see me, to let me cry & hug me, to tell me he will fight my fears with me & be my foundation again. I say this to him & he said "no, you need to give me reassurances" then proceeds to tell me the last time we had sex. So here's the deal, he & I want the same thing. We want the other to be there whole heartedly. We both want reassurances, friendship, love, & support. Neither of us are budging. Since we are stuck in this repeat conversation, I would like to write it in a letter & read it to him, just to get it out, that I would like to try a trial separation. I'm hoping you can give me some ideas. I don't want to walk away from this as an enemy. I truly do want to work on this.

**Do you know of any beautiful sweet words I could use to simply say... we are broken, & I love you. I want to love you always & feel you to love me, but in order for us both to grow we need time to heal from the damage we have already done....?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment