Pages

Search blog and web

21-Yr-Old Girl And A 35-Yr-Old Guy - Can It Work Out?

  • Thread Starter

I'm 20, going on 21 very soon, and I've recently met a 35-year-old guy whom I really fancy through a friend at work (I have a full-time career as I never went to university). He definitely isn't my usual "type," and we have some quite significant differences (he's very reserved whereas I'm extremely extroverted) but we have enough in common (we both have the same taste in music/books/hobbies) and I find him physically attractive enough that I'm considering asking him out. We also have such amazing intellectual discussions, which is something I really enjoy.

Is that a bit of a risky move, though? I value our friendship quite a bit and I don't want to ruin it/make stuff awkward between us if he says no. Also, I'm not sure if he likes me back at all, though he sometimes seems a bit fidgety/awkward around me (trying to impress me and playing with his hair when he looks at me - he often watches me like a hawk when I'm sitting next to him, too.)

I know loads of other guys around my age, ofc, and take care of my appearance too so have gotten my fair share of being asked out from them. But I feel like I have an intellectual/mental connection with this particular guy, even if he is 35, and personality is key for me which is why I want to ask him out as opposed to someone closer to my own age. I know him well enough to know that he's very respectful of women (even more so than my Dad, and that's saying a lot) so I doubt he'd "use me for sex" as people often say happens in age difference relationships.

Should I go for it or not? How do I do it and not make stuff awkward between us? Thoughts?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment