Pages

Search blog and web

How can I change, be more popular, meet people etc if I don't like to talk?

  • Thread Starter

I'm in my late twenties and it's so hard to meet someone the men my age seem to be taken or not interested. I think what has always let me down is that I'm very quiet lots of people say they have never heard me speak. I come across as very anxious and talk very quietly I can talk when I want to but I find it hard to relax I think I come across as informal and too serious. I only ever feel like doing my own thing (never been I to parties/talking in groups etc) and never feel like talking to people. I try to make the effort but people can sense that I don't really want to talk. I do feel like talking if I'm comfortable and I like having a laugh with people but most of the time I feel conversation is pointless. I'm not sure how to overcome this I promise myself that I will change and put in effort but when the time comes I just can't be bothered talking (for some reason it feels like a lot of effort for me) unless it's a proper discussion about something meaningful. I've never had many friends. How can I change when I don't like to talk? Apparently as a kid I didn't speak till I was 2 lol got sent to a speech therapist and nearly went to a special school but in the end they said I was just stubborn so I've just been extremely quiet all my life.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment