Pages

Search blog and web

Exhausted: Husband has Passive Aggressive Personality

Hi Guys!
I'm really new to this forum and this is my third post. I am the wife of a man who is passive aggressive with some narcissistic traits also. Yeah, I know, double trouble. We have been married for 22 years and he is 50 and I am 49.

I wasn't feeling well today so my DH said he would take care of things. Taking care of the pups, making dinner, cleaning the kitchen. You know, the things I do 100 times every day. I did not ask him, he offered. AND he still pulled the passive aggressive crap. He didn't do a thing and it was his idea to help. So my question: Is the result always going to be the same whether I ask him or he offers. The result being nothing.

Also, passive aggressives do not like conflict. So we don't have any. Well until he pulls a passive aggressive move then I hit the roof. But he made this strange statement and it went something like this. He says he has no problems participating in conflict at his workplace. The only place he does NOT do that is at home. I'm thinking that can't be right. I would imagine it is just as bad there as it is at home.

Well recently in a MC session no less. I caught him in a lie. And he knew it. But tried to back track his way out of it.

So my logic is . . . If he acts a certain way at home, most likely he acts the same way at work. I think that would explain why he was recently demoted at his job. He refers to his co-workers as idiots and worse. So I don't see any constructive team playing there either.

Living with a Passive is much like riding a roller coaster. You are going to be whipped around until you can't tell which to address first. Any insights and thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment