Pages

Search blog and web

Any Advice?? Living with A Grump :(

Hi Everybody,

Any advice on how to handle my husband would be much appreciated.

Background: Married for about 1.5 years, been together for 10.

He's under a lot of stress right now and it will not let up until about March of next year. We're also trying to conceive (just starting to try) so I think that is also adding to his stress. I'm trying to be a supportive wife and friend, but honestly sometimes he is just so grumpy about work and he ends up taking it out on me. I need a few quick one-liners that I can try to get him to stop dumping. Everyone has bad days, but I don't want him to ruin mine days with mean comments just because he's mad about work.

Here's an example: Last night, he didn't get home until very late. Came in and I knew he was in a bad mood right away. I got up and went to the door to say hello and give him a hug... he was just really disinterested (barely moved when I hugged him)... we sat on the couch together, I stopped my show to watch something he'd enjoy more since he had a rough day... he said less than 10 words to me the whole time. One word answers... I asked about his day and unfortunately had to remind him about some stuff he had forgotten that we needed to do (like book a flight). I also asked him to take his plate up when he was going to the bathroom (I've been having to pick up after him A LOT... whole other topic!). He gets up and says "Can you ever say anything nice?" Then goes to bed pissed off at me.

Typically he is loving caring and kind hubby. When he's stressed... not so much. He gets so self absorbed. Even today, he is still mad that I am "mean" for reminding him to clean up (I ask once, I don't nag! If he doesn't do it, I end up doing it). I get he is under pressure ... but I can't see the next 6 months being remotely good for our new marriage if it's going to be like this so often.

Any pointers??

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment