Pages

Search blog and web

Should I tell him, I don't think he's suited to medicine?

  • Thread Starter

My boyfriend is strongly considering medicine as his future career. However, he's not the strongest academically (he's intelligent but considering his recent AS results and the amount of work he has put into his studies, I worry about whether he's going to get the grades to study medicine) He's got all the work experience, volunteering work and everything else and could actually make a very strong personal statement in my opinion however, his grades bring him down rapidly. He's now considering the postgraduate route and is thinking of a wide range of undergrad courses including Physiology and Anatomy and Biomedical Sciences etc. However, I'm worried about whether he will not be able to get into postgrad medicine in the long run due to the high competition and the lacking of "medicine worthy grades" if you will. Sorry if this makes me seem like a horrible bitch, but I don't want to see him chasing something he may never achieve and attempting to go down the postgra d route and not getting anywhere.
I am very concerned that he will do a course in Physiology and Anatomy and then get no further and therefore, he will have taken a degree with very poor job prospects and never use it :S I mean I have all faith in his ability to reach good grades and to get onto another course. I'm sure he'll be able to achieve at least 3 B's at A Level.

Should I tell him to consider different careers? How should I go about telling him this because, he says that I am the only one who has faith in him (as horrible as that is) and I think he would be devastated to hear that I don;t have much faith in his ability to get onto medicine degree. :/
I know this makes me sound like a horrible bitch, but I'm just trying to realistic and I really am thinking about what is the best option for him :/ Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Thank You :)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment