Pages

Search blog and web

Is it normal to avoid all social contact after a divorce?

I'm not ready to date yet, but my issue is I'm not sure I'm ready to even make friends. I ended up losing all my friends during the end of my marriage (my ex slowly dropped everything to do with the family, and I took it all over. That meant cutting out all my time with friends and family, and they slowly disappeared.) By the time I survived the divorce I found myself completely alone. Now, I can't seem to find the courage to move on. I avoid social events, claim I'm too busy with house and family, work long hours, and in general do everything I can to avoid people. Is that normal? Will it get better? On weekends when the kids are with their dad i find myself on Omegle just trying to find someone to talk to. Of course, there's no way to find a serious conversation on a site like that.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment