Pages

Search blog and web

Is it Me?

Well another one of these "really?" situations for me. Albeit minor, they keep adding up and make me question my current life...

We recently went to a TV convention in town. We were planning to attend it 3 years ago but my cancer got in the way.

So when I met the star of the show and had a picture taken...I was beaming and told him that 3 yrs ago we were supposed to be here, but my cancer got in the way. I told him I was stoked to finally get here though and be with him. He was super gracious and asked me how I was doing. After the photo, we shook hands and he told me to take care of myself and wished me all the best for the future. Perfect.

Fast fwd to afterwards and I meet up with my wife who was doing something else on site. I tell her what I told him and she reacts with the response of "really, that's what you told him?" Kind of between a "seriously" and "upset/weird" reaction.

I was a little stunned. Once you gain the cape of cancer survivor, it won't leave you. You look at things differently forever. And in that moment, with that celebrity, I was simply stoked to meet him and be there after not knowing if I would after my battle.

The fact my wife still seems to maybe not get that?...I don't know, it made me sad. And just added to a pile of stuff that makes me wonder, yet again, why I cannot pull the trigger and relieve myself of this burden..aka my wife.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment