Pages

Search blog and web

Possession of Marital home

I left the house due to verbal and mental abuse. Me ex has a personality disorder. I have detailed how my ex has now estranged me from the kids totally.

I spoke to a lawyer today, free advice through my association. She said that I could have applied for exclusive possession of the marital home. But other sources have said that unless there was physical violence this would not have been easy, or quick to accomplish.

I feel very bad that I did not pursue this and walked away, leaving the kids thinking I gave up on the family. I only moved 6 blocks away and my door has always been open.

I am not sure how to emotionally deal with the fact that my kids see me as abandoning them.

I know of 2 other families in our circle where the mother was the one to move and get a smaller place, and the exes share visitations just fine.

The guilt I feel is overwhelming.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment