Pages

Search blog and web

Does this behaviour qualify as sexual harassment?

I've had some good advice from you before so I'm going to share something that's been bothering me for over a year. What happened was that the letting manager (the person acting on behalf of my landlord) basically offered me money in exchange for "special" favours (he was more descriptive that that), something that I vehemently refused. At first I even tried to pretend it was just a bad joke to close the subject but he kept insisting he was serious and so on. To give a little background: I had never entertained this person's comments / jokes, said or done anything that might have suggested that my behaviour was morally ambiguous or that I was interested in him. His proposition just came out of nowhere, it disgusted and upset me. The worst part, however, came after the day I refused him. He became verbally aggressive for no real reason and yelled at me on two occasions. Last year I also found out that after this incident he did the same thing to another n eighbour who, unlike me, reported him to the police. As far as I know, the police didn't take any serious actions against him. I've been avoiding him ever since but recently I had to contact him because of problems with the water supply and he was again very rude on the phone. I feel guilty for not reporting him in the first place but I was unsure whether it qualified as sexual harassment or not --could someone please clarify this for me? If it was, why haven't the police made sure he wouldn't continue to work in the same capacity? I have recently complained to the general manager who told me that, from then on, I could contact her about any problems with the flat but that he would continue to work there, which means he will still have access to our flats etc.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment