Pages

Search blog and web

Just want to be civil

Me and my boyfriend of 2/3 years broke up around 3 months ago due to arguments - I felt the relationship wasn't equal and I was putting more effort in. He was very controlling and I was not allowed to speak to other boys or have Facebook or watch certain parts of films. He has also become very angry and shouted at me often. We had broken up before, and he completely ignored me for 2 days then said he didn't want to be without me and we got back together. This time, I said I was unhappy and had enough without really thinking, and he ultimately ended it for good. I wanted to remain friends, but he was not very nice about things and basically wanted to forget I ever existed. I realised being friends was not an option, and so asked if we could be civil, which he reluctantly agreed to. He got very angry with me after this and he ended up pushing me. We got on very very well in the relationship and we ended things almost mutually and neither cheated or did anyt hing wrong, so I don't understand why he seems to have such a sudden dislike for me and never wants anything to do with me again? I see him around and we make eye contact but never acknowledge each other. I understand entirely if he doesn't want contact because he may be having a hard time getting over me or just thinks I'm and awful person (even though he says I haven't done anything wrong) but he has never told me this is why he wants to pretend we're strangers. When we spoke after our breakup he was horrible, despite me trying my best to be nice. He then told me he would be jealous if I ever got with anyone else, and that he was going to keep pics of us on his phone (even though he said he wanted nothing more to do with me??) I am so confused, I feel like I do not have closure because we are not civil and I am constantly worried about bumping into him. We where like best friends and although we used to date for 2yrs, there is no reason not to get on. I respected his need for no contact after he pushed me, although I just cannot understand why we cannot be civil. I know that if I never contact him again he will never contact me again, but I just want the awkwardness to stop and to be friends. I am having a hard time forgetting about him because I did lose my virginity to him and he was my first love. Do I send him a friendly text now after a few months without contact in the hope of being civil, even though he probably won't reply? I do not want to get back together, I just don't want to be strangers or feel like we hate each other for no reason. If I am able to forgive him, why can't he just forgive me and be nice? I don't understand where this sudden turn in anger has come from.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment