Pages

Search blog and web

Issues with girlfriends children

My partner and I have different morale standards when it comes to our children.
She has brought her youngest three up pretty much single handedley although they all have different dads. I'm not judging her for that because she is a nice women but when it comes to discipline around the kids we are miles apart. She's too soft and her kids play her up like nothing I've ever seen. Her 5 year old is an absolute nightmare and we can't live together because he antagonizes my 9 year old all the time. But she just lets it go, but will moan at me because I put the barriers up with her kids!

Anyway, her daughter has been in no end of mischief and now her daughter has a regular boyfriend. She's 14 (just) and he's nearly 16. She has put her on the pill. Her mother had her first son at 15, so I understand her reasoning. But her daughter is on the phone texting him from the time she gets home from school until 9.30pm at night and hardly interacts with anybody. I've said to my partner that she should take the phone off of her earlier and limit access but it doesn't happen. Infact the daughter goes straight around the boyfriends house for tea three days a week and comes home at 8.30-9.00pm in the evening. To me she's almost encouraging the relationship when her daughter should be doing homework.....which she never seems to have.
Am I being over the top and old fashioned? I don't know!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment