Pages

Search blog and web

I made a big mistake tonight.

I made a big mistake...tonight.

My husband (as posted in another thread) stays home most of time with our child, who is 8.

My husband has a passive aggressive personality. Very sarcastic. My child is picking it up. For example, my husband will
call me (on speaker phone) and tell me the couch got ruined or my favorite dress got screwed up at the cleaners. I now know
never to believe him because it's typically a joke. Ha ha...gotcha kinda stuff. But never said with humor.

Well, tonight my mother was visiting and my DH's Father...for my child's first communion tomorrow.
I told them at dinner that I didn't have to work on Monday because I took the day off to be just with child.

Child looked down and said "no thanks." ...I thought they were joking, like DH. So I said "come on..you know I'm excited for Monday and I know you are too!"
Child said "nope, Daddy got a sitter". I said "right...right..." I know you are joking. I said "Sweetie that really hurt my feelings". Child just shrugged their shoulders and ignored me. (as my DH often does)

But my mother looked at me as if my child was serious...and she already thinks I'm nuts because I'm the breadwinner.

I snapped and said.."Mom...Child is just playing games ...like dad with his passive aggressive sarcasm."

I knew when I said it ..I made a horrible mistake. I said "I'm sorry...I didn't mean that"...and everyone changed the subject.

I told my husband aside and apologized and told him I was sorry, but that our child embarrassed me in front of my mother and I lashed out and I was wrong.
I said ..."but our child should not be doing that ...and that shouldn't be something that child is consistently exposed to."

My DH said "yes ma'am" and that was it...and coldly walked away.

I am not back at work and can't stop crying. I feel like my child is now turning into a terror. My DH doesn't care and my mother and father in law think I'm not loved by my own child. Now he's texting me complaining about how my Mom is on the computer instead of playing with our child.

Am I overreacting? I just don't know if I"ve ever felt so low...knowing how awful my marriage is...and how bad my child was acting. And most of all...I feel terrible for being "that" person..and lashing out.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment