Pages

Search blog and web

How can I motivate my boyfriend to do something about his weight?

He used to go to the gym and go running quite a bit - he never had an amazing body but he was an average weight. I do know he finds it hard to maintain, and used to be overweight when he was in his teens and early 20s..both his parents are big so I guess it's genetics.

In the last 5 months he's put on a considerable amount of weight. None of his clothes fit him but instead of buying new ones he just tries to squeeze into his 34 waist jeans and ends up with a gut spilling over the top. He always says how unhappy he is with his body and won't let me see him naked. Yet, he doesn't do anything. He eats takeaways and pizza all the time (I can't cook for him every day). As I'm a bit of a fitness freak I find this attitude hard to imagine: he doesn't like his body but does nothing about it?

How can I get him to start exercising and eating right without offending him?I'd be happy to go running with him now and then but he always turns it down. I think inviting him to the gym with me would be a bit much (considering I do a lot of lifting and it might freak him out!). I just worry this is going to get worse and worse.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment