Pages

Search blog and web

How to make friends without drinking or going out?

I'm a first year sociology student and my course has finished now for the year, but throughout this year I haven't actually made any friends (which I understand is what so many people go on about on here, and I understand if its annoying). I had a major change in my life when I started uni as my father died and then I was just pushed off to uni (or so it feels!) and I did just bar myself in, I can accept that. However, I don't drink and I don't like going to nightclubs or anything, people say, "Just go out and don't drink" but it's not just the fact I don't drink, the actual atmosphere scares me and I don't like seeing others drunk.

I understand societies are a way to make friends, and I've joined a few, but the only times people want to hang out outside of these societies is... you guessed it! Drinking. When I came to uni I expected to to be 80% work, 20% social life, which I was happy about, but its almost 80% social and 20% work and I really don't like it. Most people I meet I feel I just don't gel with and I want to know if there's any other way I could make friends or stablise my life?

Thanks

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment