Pages

Search blog and web

Beating myself up over relationship mistakes - I let her slip away

I broke up with my girlfriend a couple of weeks ago. We're 18 and were together for a year. Basically what happened is for a month or two I wasn't sure if I wanted to be with her, as she would do things that annoyed me and I just generally was becoming less attracted to her. I would sometimes even think about how I wouldn't mind being single.

This led to me becoming slightly distant and I guess not as loving, although not consciously. She noticed this and it would lead to arguments about me not caring enough etc.

The last couple of weeks of the relationship I realised I did definitely want to be with her, and I thought things were turning back to normal, but it was too late and her feelings had changed as she felt I had pushed her away too much. So we broke up.

Since then I've been beating myself up about letting her go, and I know it's my fault. She's also started seeing someone else which makes it even worse with jealousy and stuff. It might be a case of the grass always being greener, I don't know.

It's really affecting me and I can't stop overthinking about what I could have done differently and how I should have just realised what I wanted before it was too late.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks :o

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment